Guided Learning hours
The total qualification time for the Level 3 Award is 30 hours. Approximately 6-9 hours are required to complete the e-learning and the remainder of learning would be completed reading the handbook or reviewing the e-learning course.
Form of Assessment
LEVEL 3 AWARD IN HEALTH AND SAFETY WITHIN THE WORKPLACE
On completion of the e-learning courses, learners will sit an exam at a convenient time which is invigilated remotely. There are 60 multiple-choice questions. The passmark is 66%, with a Merit being awarded to learners achieving 83%. Learners will receive the Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace e-certificate.
LEVEL 3 HEALTH AND SAFETY E-LEARNING ONLY
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions. Learners will receive a Highfield e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
- Introduction to health and safety
- Accidents, injuries and work-related health
- Legal aspects of health and safety
- Risk assessment
- Hazardous substances (COSHH)
- The workplace
- Using equipment safely
- Fire safety
- Ergonomics, manual handling and display screen
- Measuring and monitoring performance
- The role of line managers and supervisors