Guided Learning Hours
Approximately 25-35 learning hours are required in preparation for this examination. Full tutor support will be available throughout.
Form of Assessment
There is a single examination for this certificate comprising of 20 written questions. The duration of the examination is 21/2 hours. The examination will take place at a mutually agreed location and will be invigilated by DG Training.
- A General Introduction to Food Hygiene
- Supervisory Management
- HACCP and Hazard Analysis
- Bacterial Food Poisoning and Food Borne Infections
- Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
- Food Contamination and its Prevention
- Personal Hygiene
- Food Storage and Temperature Control
- Food Preservation
- The Working Environment
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Common Food Pests and their Control