Guided Learning Hours
Approximately 9 guided learning hours are required in preparation for this examination. Full tutor support will be available throughout.
Form of Assessment
There is a single examination for this certificate comprising of 30 multiple-choice questions. The duration of the examination is 30 minutes. The examination will take place at a mutually agreed location and will be invigilated by DG Training. Candidates must gain a minimum of 27 marks out of the possible 45 marks to pass the examination.
- An introduction to Food Hygiene
- Bacteria and their Characteristics
- The Incidence of Food Poisoning and its Prevention
- Personal Hygiene and Working Habits of the Food Handler
- The Working Environment
- Cleaning Practices
- Common Food Pests and their Control
- Food Legislation