Guided Learning Hours
A minimum of 6 guided learning hours are required for this course.
Form of Assessment
The assessment for this course comprises of two parts; a practical assessment and a multiple-choice examination. On successful completion of this course, you will receive an Emergency Paediatric First Aid certificate which will last for three years.
- Role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation safely
- Provide first aid for a casualty who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Provide first aid for a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- External bleeding
- Bites, stings and minor injuries