On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Design and deliver effective interactive training sessions to groups of people
- Identify training activities and write objectives which reflect real practice and include appropriate information
- Carry out two interactive training sessions at a pace, and in a sequence, that maximises learning
- Provide constructive feedback to learners following practice sessions
No specific qualifications are required prior to training, but good communication skills and a command of a level of English that will allow effective learning is essential. During the course delegates will run two different interactive training sessions to the group. Topics for these training sessions should be chosen before the course and it may be useful to have access to support or resource material such as company procedures, manuals or reference books to help develop training notes.
Guided Learning Hours
This course will be run over three days. The first week there will be two consecutive days followed by one day the following week.
Form of Assessment
Candidates will be observed delivering two sessions and will be assessed based on the key concepts of the programme. Candidates will also observe and provide feedback on the other group members’ sessions. Candidates will also be required to complete a written or oral assessment consisting of approximately 400 words. On successful completion of this course, candidates will receive the SQA Planning and Delivering Training Sessions to Groups Certificate.
- The trainer’s role in ensuring learners’ needs are met
- Preparing learning objectives, session plans and support materials to meet learner requirements
- Deliver planned interactive training sessions and monitor the progress and achievement of learners
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training sessions delivered and develop own practice