Candidates Appeals Procedure
At DG Training, we aim to develop and maintain positive relationships with candidates and their employers. However, in the event of a candidate not agreeing with the results of the assessment or examination decision, they have the right to appeal. In such a case, please follow the procedures as outlined below:
- The candidate should appeal directly in the first instance to their Trainer/Assessor. It is hoped that this will resolve the problem without the need for further action.
- If the problem is not resolved in discussion with the Trainer/Assessor then the candidate should appeal to the Internal Verifier at DG Training in writing and inform their Trainer/Assessor of this.
- In the event of the Internal Verifier not being able to resolve the issue to the candidate’s satisfaction, a formal appeal may be launched.
- The candidate’s appeal will be heard by a panel consisting of Louise Ramsay, an Internal Verifier and an independent representative from DG Training. The internal verifier will notify the relevant External Verifier or relevant person of the complaint and document all correspondence relating to it.
- If the candidate has followed the above procedures and is still not satisfied with the outcome, the matter should be referred to SQA, SQA Accreditation (for regulated qualifications) or Appointed Person from REHIS or BIIAB for resolution.
I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to comply with the above assessment appeals procedure.