Candidates Appeals Procedure
At DG Training, we aim to develop and maintain positive relationships with candidates and their employers. However, in the event of a candidate not agreeing with the results of the assessment or examination decision, they have the right to appeal. In such a case, please follow the procedures as outlined below:
- The candidate should appeal directly in the first instance to their Trainer/Assessor. It is hoped that this will resolve the problem without the need for further action.
- If the problem is not resolved in discussion with the Trainer/Assessor then the candidate should appeal to the Internal Verifier at DG Training in writing and inform their Trainer/Assessor of this within 7 working days. Receipt of the appeal will be acknowledged by telephone or email with 24 hours of receipt.
- The Internal Verifier will consider the appeal and inform the candidate of the outcome in writing within 10 working days.
- In the event of the Internal Verifier not being able to resolve the issue to the candidate’s satisfaction, a formal appeal may be launched.
- The candidate’s appeal will be heard within 14 working days of receipt of the formal appeal by a panel consisting of Louise Ramsay, an Internal Verifier and an independent representative from DG Training. The internal verifier will notify the relevant External Verifier or relevant person of the complaint and document all correspondence relating to it. The candidate will be informed of the outcome of the appeal within 7 working days.
- If the candidate has followed the above procedures and is still not satisfied with the outcome, the matter should be referred to SQA, Highfield, SQA Accreditation (for regulated qualifications) or Appointed Person from REHIS for resolution.
- If candidate do not receive a satisfactory resolution from the Awarding Body/Organisation, the complaint can be escalated further to the relevant Qualification Regulator.
- SQA Accreditation is unable to overturn assessment decisions or academic judgements in accordance with Principle 17 of the SQA Accreditation Regulatory Principles (2021)
DG Training – E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01387 256 116 M: 07711 744 332
REHIS – E: email@example.com T: 0131 229 2968